Tickets

"I'll be yours.
When it rains it pours.
Stay thirsty like before.
Don't you know that the kids aren't al-, kids aren't alright?"

Fall Out Boy

~

Replace the echo that burns along your ribs. Take my hands and hold their applause for the sake of this loneliness the dancers call insanity. Forsake all that is broken. Forsake them and call the auction off because you can't lose what you don't have, because the world is rational and rotten, because the answering machine that's loudly whispering in your ear is you.

Breathe through the lines because you have nowhere to go, because all those burning bridges in your head have already mixed with the ashes of your cigarette. I can't tell you what happened because I don't really know. All I know is that I feel too much of this nothingness and I need to feel less of it. And this is the only way I can do that. It's okay. It's okay because when you're honest, everything happens the way it's supposed to.

Take this please. Take it off my chest. I don't deal well with stress. Take these tears that won't come out. Take these words that lie motionless upon my breath. Sing me to sleep under a starless ceiling and call it an ugly, quiet death. And take these feelings and flush the toilet so that the scent of my inner world becomes faithful to the drain.

Hold on. Rewind.

The ceiling breaks like toasted bread every morning and the falling pieces paint a garden of dust for the sandcastle in my head. I'm all alone here. Perhaps I always will be. Then again, maybe not. The echo burns ever so brightly for it knows these lines are not deaf. Together they send you a rose. So take a peak inside those petals: Red curtains. A wooden stage. Dim lights and you're just standing there. All the tickets were sold out but no one came. All you get is empty chairs, a mirror in your hand and a purple flower resting beside you -- Take a look.

Pause.

Let there be light and many, many shadows. Great surprises lie ahead and it is in these times that we must remember to always, always remember the titans. Blessed be the brave. And blessed be the inner child and all the love he thought had died.

~

"On with the show."
Queen