Love

“How do you spell 'love'?" - Piglet
"You don't spell it...you feel it." - Pooh”
A.A. Milne


~

"These are the words but the words aren't coming out."

But their echo does. And it's a ray of light shooting across the dying corners of my room. And maybe if you listen, if you listen well, you can hear a subtle melody. And maybe if you read this, if you read this well, its heartbeats will land on your lips. And maybe, just maybe, if you don't blink too hard, you'll let the beats watch those fireworks you cannot see. And then, perhaps, you'll hear a symphony, a glowing pulse in your eyes, shining back and forth, all the way through. But you won't know whether it's me or you, because your hand is already in mine, and you just noticed that we're dancing. And our shadows are too. Two souls made of fire, yellow, violet, blue, burn through the door of fate. Two birds emerge as one feather slowly falling into a quill. And this quill is frozen ice. Yet its broken tip melts, melts slowly, slowly at the darkness of these floating droplets of some meteor's ink that leaked through the ceiling of the night sky. We're still dancing. You forgot – again. You didn't even see how your fingers were rearranging my stars. But maybe, now, if you're seeing this, if you're seeing this well, you'll see them covered with that melting ink that seeped through my heart. You'll see them interlacing at the back of my neck composing a downward chill, set to an aftertaste of warmth; the kind of warmth we both close our eyes to – the kind of warmth that makes us smile while we're dancing. And, yes, naturally, I just hugged you. And this hug is a timeless vow – a promise. And this promise is a moment. And this moment is endless depth. And, okay, perhaps, my soul isn't infinite because infinity can't be broken down. But... I'm sorry I broke the rhythm but, maybe, in a while, the never-ending ending will start with better music. Okay, let's start again. Let's start with your smile. Smile, please. I'll follow your lead. And now you can laugh. You can laugh if you would like to radiate the kind of bliss that pushes the world's weight off my shoulders. It's not there now, though. Because we're still hugging. You forgot – again. Stop forgetting. Start knowing. I'm gonna stop whispering now. I'm gonna slightly raise my voice. Start knowing that your laughter is my cure. Start knowing that the words just aren't coming out. Pause. Please pause. I said please. You don't know what happens after this silence. You don't know what happens in the next frame. So let me tell you. After the silence, I get my legs back. I get my soul back. After the silence, I'll actually dance with you instead of writing about it. And we won't just fly in the realm of fiction against all that qualifies as wind. We'll also be travelling the world together, using airplanes in the realm of 'reality'. And to be 'realistic', well, as we're flying, we'll fall. We'll fall under white, translucid sheets and give our demons a taste of grace. So, yeah. Yeah, whether it's dancing or hugging or flying or running, we lay our hands upon the scars. And hope is that echo, that ray of light you've been listening to, that glow I once saw and could never un-see once your gaze was etched in me. But you need to close them now–your eyes, I mean–because I... I urgently need to kiss you.

I love you by the way. And, your eyes should be closed. Because we're still kissing. You forgot – again.

"I just wanted you to know."

~

“From childhood's hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.”
Edgar Allan Poe