Ocean

“What would an ocean be without a monster lurking in the dark? It would be like sleep without dreams.”
Werner Herzog


~

There are some details you fail to see. There are beautiful eyes no one ever notices. I don't write to feel significant. It's funny how they can turn their backs on the ocean. I'm so tired of being me. I'm not experimenting. I'm not doing anything at all. What have you broken? What have you stolen? What is this music you can't play? Who is this child locked outside your door? Why did he stop knocking? Why are you asking all these questions? Why would you hurt the people you love? Why are you not okay? Why can't you be okay? Why can't you pretend anymore? Why can't you clean this bloody ink off your hands? Why are you so weird? When will you find your place in the world? Why do you keep forgetting to exist? Why won't these dark thoughts go away? Why are you dying so slowly? When will you feel their 'cosmic smiles' again? Why can't the ocean beat in you anymore? Why won't you shut up?

There are no real boundaries here. My shadow embraces me. My shadow embraces me and there is only darkness.

[...]

If you want to transform the earth, you must first allow it to transform you.

The skeptic relentlessly tries to rationalize the magical act. He doesn't know why he's witnessing it. He can't see who's performing it. And he can't even tell that he's the main part of the show, that he is both audience and scene - and everything in between.

So instead, we scream to process the fear and we laugh away the pain. And happiness is a nonexistent old lady who keeps snapping her neck to look over her insanely paranoid shoulders, dying at every moment, at every turn, at every breath.

Why are you still here? Where are you going next? When are you gonna change? What are you still waiting for? Why is it always raining on this empty field you hesitantly stutter to call home? What have you stolen? What have you broken? Who is this child locked outside your door? Did he really stop knocking? Are you listening?

~

“I am the shore and the ocean, awaiting myself on both sides.”
Dejan Stojanovic