Jisei

“It's the emptiest and yet the fullest of all human messages:
Goodbye."

Kurt Vonnegut

~

Words left unsaid eventually find their way out in silent tears.

My love for writing has reached its last day. I hope you like this final breath.

People change people. I've always known that. But it wasn't until recently that I fully understood it. Throughout the years, I tried to isolate myself so I could find a hint of uniqueness within me. I tried to weave an army of metaphors to protect me from certain universal truths that exposed the mistakes I tried to cover up with both real and metaphorical ink. I tried to come up with an idea of a person made of words because I knew that whoever I was in real life wasn't good enough. I tried to call almost everything an illusion or a delusion because I couldn't handle the harshness of reality. I tried to paint myself as a dreamer whose imagination could alter the course of reality and it turned out that my paintings were merely a shadow of the dying hope inside a disappointed idealist.

But hope dies today.

And thus we become. We become someone new, someone who can disregard the envelope of pain surrounding everything and everyone, someone who can leave their heart behind.

Becoming comes at the price of losing that which we love most.

Lovers die but for the sake of Love.
Visionaries are born out of the death of lovers to transform the death of love into meaningful thought. They live for the sake of a Cause.
Idealists are born out of the death of visionaries to map failed plans into a fairy-tale world of lies. They live for the sake of a Universal they cannot see.
Men and women of action are born out of the idealist's suicide to uphold egoism and pursue their self-interest. They live for the sake of the Individual.
Theoretically, the Artist is awakened to resolve the contradiction between the Universal and the Individual. For in a work of Art, we are all one.
I wonder if Hegel knew that the Artist was the Lover in disguise.

In any case, the con artist dies today hoping that his death poem will be devoid of hope.

Autumn yellow in the sea
I thought you would fight for me.
Autumn yellow in the sea
Know that tomorrow dies today
And you and me are yesterday.
Autumn yellow in the sea
The dark and faithless light are one
So enter the void and just be gone.
Autumn yellow in the sea
I tried my best.

~

"They didn’t, and they died and thus Magic was never performed on Earth again."
Unknown