Starlight

“Words are a pretext. It is the inner bond that draws one person to another, not words.” 
Rumi

~

The rain was falling softly on the two sides between your nose and your cheeks but you weren't blinking. And the sky was dark and starless because all the light and all the stars had found dwelling in your skin and in your eyes. And there was this moment, this very specific moment, when I was watching you and it made me run out of words. So I closed my eyes and ran after them and made them line up against the wall of my heart:

"You resonate at a frequency so intensely beautiful that it confuses the harmony of the golden ratio."

[...]

And as she was dancing she drew Metatron's Cube with her hands and that made me want to call back my only two imaginary friends from their endless pursuit of the metaphysical holy grail. And I did. And they instantly came because they knew I wouldn't contact them after so many years unless it was serious. So picture the scene: Michael, the best student in the mythical Pythagorean school and the first friend I ever made, was sitting to my left. He was the one who taught me to see the numbers in people, to visualize their attributes, their potential, and, naturally, their weaknesses. And to my right, sat Socrates' secret disciple, and the closest thing I've ever had to a brother, Gabriel. He was the one who taught me to see to the music in the numbers. Michael and Gabriel were both eternal rivals and best friends. And this whole time, they thought that they'd figured the secret of the universe, that they had nothing more to learn. Michael put it in an equation (6+12+23=20) which he discovered through Sacred Geometry, then he encoded that equation in the Triquetra symbol and convinced me to tattoo it on my forearm. Gabriel said there was an easier way that Michael had missed. And then he showed it to us with his magnificent handwriting. (Gabriel didn't have a voice, as far as I knew, but he could draw words in the air that only Michael and I could see.) And even after so many years, I still remember how the words floated above us:

The secret of the universe is revealed to you right after you honestly smile to a child, and right before they honestly smile back, in the silent music of that split-second-almost-blink-thing the kid always makes to accept your smile.
P.S. You're right, Michael. It's also 6+12+23=20. 

[...]

So as she was dancing she drew Metatron's Cube with her hands and that made me call them back. And I did. And they came, and they saw that they were conquered by what her divine dance drew in and beyond spacetime. And then I smiled at her and she kinda blinked and smiled back.

Then she laughed.

That's when Michael said: "Where are her numbers? Why doesn't she have any numbers? Something's wrong, Gabriel."
Gabriel was smiling ecstatically, which usually only happens when he claims that he can hear the Music of the Spheres, or when Michael attempts to draw the Flower of Life.

"I think she can see us," whispered Gabriel.

~

"The night was dark
And the dark, blue
And I was both,
Split in two.

The stars were bright
And the music, true
And you were the light
That went through."
Unknown